Lanark Tennis Club Project

Lanark Tennis Club, Lanark, South Lanarkshire

Total project £141,203

External funders

Club Fundraising & Sponsorship

  • Toolbooth Event

  • Club Sponsored Tennis Event

  • Sponsored walk by Lord Cornet Gary Winning

  • Pub Quizes in The Clydesdale and St.Mary’s Clubrooms

  • Tesco Bag Packing by our members

  • The annual Wimbledon sweep

  • The Gents WoS League fund raiser

  • Support from local businesses and charitable bodies including The Rotary Club of Lanark, 3R Energy, Border Biscuits, Tesco, and Lanark Tyre & Exhaust Centre (LTEC) contributed in various forms to achieve the required amount for funding.

Lanark Tennis Club, situated on Chapland Road in Lanark, was established in 1908 and has a proud history of providing opportunities for local people to play tennis, of developing junior talent and of competing on a regional scale.

The club is working hard to grow its numbers, with a particular focus on attracting more women and juniors to take up tennis. This winter has seen significant investment in the club with £141,203 having been secured through fund raising, funding and sponsorship to deliver a new clubhouse, perimeter fence and associated landscaping which sees the facilities at Chapland Road transformed.

Construction works commenced in November 2018 and completed in March 2019, with the club set to reopen on 23rd March 2019.